EIT Structural Engineer
Iron Engineering is looking to add an EIT to their team, who has a willingness and enthusiasm to learn Cold-Formed steel design. The successful candidate will have a basic understanding of lateral and gravity load calculations, load combinations, and the ability to track load paths. Iron Engineering is ready and willing to train a candidate in the intricacies of Cold-Formed steel design.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• EIT or currently studying to take the FE exam
• 0-3 years of Engineering Design experience
• Experience with AutoCAD and Revit
• Ability to function effectively in a collaborative team setting
Skills and Attributes
• Comfortable in a highly collaborative team environment
• Can communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn
• Not afraid to ask questions
• Ability to perform in a deadline environment
• Review Structural and Architectural contract drawings under the oversight of a licensed structural engineer
• Develop Cold-Formed Steel drawings using AutoCAD
• Prepare calculations and drawings for multiple simultaneous projects
• Support the team in development of Cold-Formed Steel Calculation packages
• Design Cold-Formed steel framing for a variety of healthcare, commercial, retail, multi-family residential, industrial, and institutional buildings
Please include a cover letter that includes classes you’ve taken, your areas of interest, and any interesting skills or experience you have.
Candidates are welcome to submit a work sample with their resume and cover letter.
We are not actively hiring, but we are always interested in highly qualified applicants.