EIT Structural Engineer
Iron Engineering is looking to add an EIT to their team, who has a willingness and enthusiasm to learn Cold-Formed steel design. The successful candidate will have a basic understanding of lateral and gravity load calculations, load combinations, and the ability to track load paths. Iron Engineering is ready and willing to train a candidate in the intricacies of Cold-Formed steel design.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• EIT (FE) registration
• 0-2 years of Engineering Design experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with a focus on attention to detail
• Ability to function effectively in a collaborative team setting
RISA will be used; training for this software will be provided
• Review Structural and Architectural contract drawings under the oversight of a licensed structural engineer
• Develop Cold-Formed Steel drawings using AutoCAD
• Prepare calculations and drawings for multiple simultaneous projects
• Support the team in development of Cold-Formed Steel Calculation packages
• Design Cold-Formed steel framing for a variety of healthcare, commercial, retail, multi-family residential, industrial, and institutional buildings
Please submit a cover letter and relevant work samples with your resume.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
We are not actively hiring, but we are always interested in highly qualified applicants.