This salaried full-time position is for 40 hours a week. The Engineer will manage cold-formed steel design projects along the East Coast. Working with drafters and other engineers, the successful candidate will prepare engineering support calculations and drawings for cold-formed steel submittals. The position is open to a remote employment option. However, preference will be given to partial or full time in-office candidates. Salary to be $90K+, depending upon experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Structural Engineer (S.E.) registration in any U.S. state
- Experience with cold-formed steel (light gauge) framing
- Some experience with cold-formed steel (light gauge) framing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, love challenges and details, be resourceful, and have
great organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Design primarily cold-formed steel framing for a variety of healthcare, commercial, retail, multi-family residential, industrial and institutional buildings
- Organize and manage structural design efforts for multiple simultaneous projects
- Prepare structural calculations for submittal
- Perform construction site observation visits and complete field reports
- The ability to communicate and work closely with clients to develop strong client relations and retention
- Work in a team-based environment and manage project schedules, budgets, and deadlines
- Review and redline work completed by drafters and EITs. Provide feedback for improvement of junior staff work quality.
Please indicate in your resume or your cover letter if you have experience with any of the following:
- AutoCAD LT
- Simpson CFS Designer
- RISA 2D
- Bentley RAM product
- or other
Along with your resume, please submit any relevant work samples or descriptions.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.